Advisor: Mrs. Durbin
Officer Team: President-Taylor Dahl; Vice President-Jessica Donaldson; Secretary-Gracia Butcher; Treasurer-Val Kolstad; Parliamentarian-Whitney Weeden; Media Relations-Lissy Southworth; Points Officer-Siri Pederson
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) is a student
led organization in high schools across the nation. It focuses on
developing leadership skills in all of it's members. It is different from
other organizations because it has family as its central focus. Through
a variety of different programs, members can help better their community
and grow as an individual.
To promote personal growth and leadership
development through Family and Consumer
Sciences education.Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner, and community leader, members develop skills for life through character development; creative and critical thinking; interpersonal communications; practical knowledge; and career preparation.
Facts about FCCLA
- The organization was founded in Chicago on June 11, 1945.
- FHA/HERO was changed to FCCLA in 1999 in Boston, MA.
- FCCLA is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education and the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences.
- The FCCLA Tagline is “The Ultimate Leadership Experience.”
- The FCCLA motto is “Toward New Horizons.”
The FCCLA Purposes
1. To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life.
2. To strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society.
3. To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community.
4. To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony.
5. To promote greater understanding between youth and adults.
6. To provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities.
7. To prepare for the multiple roles of men and woman in today’s society.
8. To promote Family and Consumer Sciences education and related occupations.